plātīties, pampt, uztūkt, uzpampt, pieaugt, dižotiesviļņošanās, bangas, pacēlumslielisks, švītīgs
Noun(1) the undulating movement of the surface of the open sea(2) a rounded elevation (especially one on an ocean floor(3) a crescendo followed by a decrescendo(4) a man who is much concerned with his dress and appearance
Verb(1) increase in size, magnitude, number, or intensity(2) become filled with pride, arrogance, or anger(3) expand abnormally(4) come up (as of feelings and thoughts, or other ephemeral things(5) come up, as of a liquid(6) cause to become swollen
Adjective(1) very good
(1) All of this points towards The Alamo's greatest strength: If you are a Texan, you'll probably swell with pride at this film.(2) He could feel her eyes upon him from beneath her veil, forcing his heart to swell with the thought that she loved him enough to accept his marriage proposal.(3) He could make out the swell of her left breast, harbouring a half moon crescent of dancing light as she did so.(4) Yet, when even first time acquaintances called him Veerappan, Bihari Lal would swell with importance.(5) They are also the ones who are gaining the most ground, as most recently evidenced by the swell of support for the late politician.(6) There was a heavy swell and they were caught by the tide. The small engine on the boat made little impact, and they drifted.(7) From here, looking back across the choppy river, there is the best view of Greenwich, with the twin halves of the Royal Naval College, and the green swell of Greenwich Park behind.(8) Throwbacks to a swell fashion trend of yesteryear, they spice up any pair of shoes, from ballet flats to mules or slinky stilettos.(9) The swell of the wave he caught was the biggest push of water I've ever seen ridden.(10) This is an open bay with plenty of wind (Cabo de Vela means Cape Sail) but you are out of the swell in a good comfortable anchorage.(11) With very few exceptions, however, Cabernet Sauvignon was left to command California's highest wine prices, Merlot to swell sales volumes.(12) Logan felt his eyes swell with tears and knew he was failing in his strong appearance.(13) Sloan watched Elena feeling a swell of happiness in his heart.(14) Blown under the porch roof by the wind, snowflakes alight on Beth Durand's curly brown hair, and on the pale rounded swell of her cheeks.(15) There in no need to be anxious about a swell in the amount of bacteria either.(16) Traditionally, a musical climax is reached through the emotionally loaded swell of dynamics or harmonic resolution.
(1) swell up :: uzbriest uz augšu
(2) to swell :: uzbriest
(3) swell with pride :: viļņošanās ar lepnumu
(4) swell out :: uzbriest out
(5) ground-swell :: zemes pacēlums
1. excellent ::
2. nifty ::
3. increase ::
4. surge ::
5. clotheshorse ::
6. expand ::
7. grow ::
8. be filled ::
9. increase ::
10. grow loud ::
11. puff up ::
12. well ::
13. well up ::
labi uz augšu
14. swell up ::
uzbriest uz augšu
1. contract ::
2. decrease ::
3. diminish ::
4. dwindle ::
5. lessen ::
6. recede ::
7. wane ::
swell, swelled, sweller, swellest, swelling, swellings, swells
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Swell, well, how do I play
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 10
Everyone keep an eye on Howard
in case he starts to SWELL up.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
Okay. Well, if Bernadette wants her ankles
to SWELL up even more,
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 10
Her belly start to SWELL.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 15
English to Latvian Dictionary: swell
Meaning and definitions of swell, translation in Latvian
language for swell with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of swell in Latvian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'swell'
What swell means in Latvian, swell meaning
in Latvian, swell
definition, examples and pronunciation
of swell in Latvian language.