Noun(1) a period of the year marked by special events or activities in some field(2) one of the natural periods into which the year is divided by the equinoxes and solstices or atmospheric conditions(3) a recurrent time marked by major holidays
Verb(1) lend flavor to(2) make fit(3) make more temperate, acceptable, or suitable by adding something else
(1) The rainy season has already begun, making access to displaced families increasingly difficult.(2) The months slid by and the frozen fruit was still waiting when this season 's fruit arrived at the greengrocer.(3) Most of the striking laborers are young people from Quebec and other provinces who come for the fruit picking season .(4) Stir in the remaining ingredients, plus some salt and pepper to season , and stir well until combined.(5) He reprised that role last year, improving in confidence as the season progressed.(6) Those managing the illegal operations say that the rainy season is the peak period for removing trees from the forest.(7) And straight ahead, it's been a disastrous hurricane season so far, and it's not over yet.(8) We need to extend the season for local foods in cold climates with preservation.(9) New anti-terrorism measures will increase security costs just as the peak summer travel season approaches.(10) This season 's highlights include events that people have been looking forward to for years.(11) I am quite tough with myself when it comes to eating food out of season .(12) We shift the menu around to accommodate the best food of the season .(13) Of course, he's only 26 with one Winston Cup season under his belt.(14) to everything there is a season(15) Father X is not a fan of the modern season and its attendant festivities.(16) basketball season is over
(1) rainy season :: Lietus sezona
(2) dry season :: sausā sezona
(3) season finale :: sezonas fināls
(4) peak season :: sezonas kulminācija
(5) season ticket :: sezonas biļete
(6) high season :: sezonas
(7) spring season :: pavasara sezonu
(8) off-season :: nesezonas
(9) open season :: atklāta sezona
(10) low season :: zema sezona
1. period ::
2. time of year ::
4. enliven ::
5. mollify ::
6. harden ::
postseason, postseasons, preseason, preseasons, season, seasoned, seasoning, seasonings, seasons
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
"Beet SEASON is finally here"
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 6
We knew from early on
in the SEASON
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
...if you have the surgery in Nicaragua
during monsoon SEASON...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 9
in here comes from SEASON two.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 24
THÉ: When maybe she said it
in SEASON one or SEASON two,
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
English to Latvian Dictionary: season
Meaning and definitions of season, translation in Latvian
language for season with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of season in Latvian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'season'
What season means in Latvian, season meaning
in Latvian, season
definition, examples and pronunciation
of season in Latvian language.