iemesls, pamats, cēlonis, saprāts, prātsspriest, domāt, prātot
Noun(1) a rational motive for a belief or action(2) an explanation of the cause of some phenomenon(3) the capacity for rational thought or inference or discrimination(4) the state of having good sense and sound judgment(5) a justification for something existing or happening(6) a fact that logically justifies some premise or conclusion
Verb(1) decide by reasoning; draw or come to a conclusion(2) present reasons and arguments(3) think logically
(1) Just because someone knocks on your door, phones you or stops you in the street is not good enough reason to change your mind.(2) I tried to reason with her, but without success(3) Sweetening the pot within reason to keep it out of their hands does make sense.(4) the only reason she comes here is to read the paper(5) we have reason to celebrate(6) An argument is a form of reasoning whereby one gives a reason or reasons in support of some claim.(7) Rangers supporters will now believe it is possible for them to have reason to tickle these next Sunday.(8) One reason why this event may reverberate is exactly that disconnect.(9) she is in danger of losing her reason(10) The size is pretty much irrelevant, as is the amount of water, within reason .(11) You can take advantage of this by waiting until the last minute and - within reason - naming your price.(12) The foundation also showed that liking an area was the main reason why people did not live closer to their work.(13) Men are marked off from other animals by possessing reason and the power of thought.(14) it is hard to know for the simple reason that few records survive(15) He thinks and learns systematically and is drawn to using logic and reason to prove and understand his faith.(16) they won't pay the fine, not without reason
(1) the reason :: iemesls
(2) for this reason :: šī iemesla dēļ
(3) for that reason :: šī iemesla dēļ
(4) for no reason :: bez iemesla
(5) for some reason :: kāda iemesla dēļ
(6) main reason :: galvenais iemesls
(7) the reason why :: iemesls, kāpēc
(8) without reason :: bez iemesla
(9) within reason :: saprātīgi
(10) for what reason :: kāda iemesla dēļ
1. cause ::
2. rationality ::
3. sanity ::
4. good sense ::
6. ground ::
8. intellect ::
9. think rationally ::
10. calculate ::
11. bring around ::
12. argue ::
13. conclude ::
1. consequence ::
2. corollary ::
3. development ::
4. effect ::
5. fate ::
6. fruit ::
7. issue ::
8. outcome ::
9. outgrowth ::
10. product ::
11. result ::
12. sequel ::
13. sequence ::
14. upshot ::
reason, reasoned, reasoner, reasoners, reasoning, reasons
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The only REASON I can see is
you don't want to kill
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
There's no REASON you have to tell me.
I was just surprised.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 23
Can you think of any REASON
the Lannisters might possibly have
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
Come on, I'm talking to you about
your future here. Listen to REASON.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
One more REASON
iPads are better.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 13
English to Latvian Dictionary: reason
Meaning and definitions of reason, translation in Latvian
language for reason with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of reason in Latvian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'reason'
What reason means in Latvian, reason meaning
in Latvian, reason
definition, examples and pronunciation
of reason in Latvian language.