pārvietot, virzīties, kustēties, virzīt, kustināt, bīdīt, aizkustināt, apgrozīties, iedarbināt, aizskart, ierosināt, izkustināt, pakustēties, pakustināt, piegrūst, saviļņot, pabīdīt, noritētrīcība, gājiens, kustība, pārvākšanās
Noun(1) the act of deciding to do something(2) the act of changing your residence or place of business(3) a change of position that does not entail a change of location(4) the act of changing location from one place to another(5) (game
Verb(1) change location; move, travel, or proceed, also metaphorically(2) cause to move or shift into a new position or place, both in a concrete and in an abstract sense(3) move so as to change position, perform a nontranslational motion(4) change residence, affiliation, or place of employment(5) follow a procedure or take a course(6) be in a state of action(7) go or proceed from one point to another(8) perform an action, or work out or perform (an action(9) have an emotional or cognitive impact upon(10) give an incentive for action(11) arouse sympathy or compassion in(12) dispose of by selling(13) progress by being changed(14) live one's life in a specified environment(15) have a turn; make one's move in a game(16) propose formally; in a debate or parliamentary meeting
(1) We were stuck in the middle of a large crowd and could not move to a better position to see the fireworks, even if there had been time to do so.(2) We now have the stability and confidence to move forward and develop the site.(3) The government has also threatened to move against the power workers.(4) So, you would be having to move the Full Court for special leave to cross-appeal.(5) If Blackburn is to move forward, quality development of this nature is required.(6) We must move firmly beyond a passive politics in which people are simple recipients of policies decided for them.(7) The business has also undergone major changes, with a move to new premises and the creation of new jobs.(8) David had wanted to move to Spain.(9) The city council had promised to help us, that they understood our position following the move from Clarence Street.(10) It is not until you move upstairs that the true potential of the building is evident.(11) I love stories that move us and that remind us of what it is to be human.(12) they failed to move the government on this(13) He was told the volume of work for the body shop side of the business had increased in anticipation of a move to new premises.(14) what's the next move?(15) she didn't move for a while(16) he's considering a career move
(1) move on :: pāriet
(2) move to :: pāriet uz
(3) to move :: kustēties
(4) move up :: virzīties uz augšu
(5) move out :: izvākties
(6) move along :: pārvietoties pa
(7) move forward :: virzīties uz priekšu
(8) move in :: ievākties
(9) move away :: virzīties prom
(10) move it :: pārvietotu
1. movement ::
3. initiative ::
4. turn ::
5. motion ::
7. go ::
8. carry ::
10. take action ::
11. relocate ::
12. affect ::
13. inspire ::
14. change ::
15. circulate ::
16. propose ::
17. prompt ::
18. act ::
19. make a motion ::
20. displace ::
21. impress ::
22. be active ::
1. freeze ::
2. still ::
move, moved, moves, moving
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
He's irony impaired. Just MOVE on.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 4
He said he can't go.
Make a sad face, MOVE on.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 8
Yeah, I'm gonna have to MOVE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 18
I want a full night's march
before he knows we're on the MOVE.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
Don't MOVE! Nobody MOVEs!
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 2
English to Latvian Dictionary: move
Meaning and definitions of move, translation in Latvian
language for move with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of move in Latvian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'move'
What move means in Latvian, move meaning
in Latvian, move
definition, examples and pronunciation
of move in Latvian language.